“Until you spread your wings you will have no idea how far you can fly”
Our greatest transformations take place on the inside – like diamonds and pearls our metamorphosis occurs slowly and out of sight.And like it or not we are the only ones who change ourselves, no one else, and mostly in tiny, often subtle steps, one experience at a time. Never under estimate the importance of even seemingly minuscule changes. It may help to remember …
Transformation starts with a thought – the thought that change is possible – the thought that you can move from where you are now to where you would dearly love to be.
Begin with this simple process
1. What emotions do I feel right now?
2. What thoughts am I having that create this feeling?
3. How can I think about this in a way that feels just a little bit better?
4. Search for ANY thought that has a lighter feeling than the one you’ve held so far.
5. Hold that thought and notice the change it makes to your emotions (any change is better than none).
6. Congratulate yourself for the transformation and start over from step 1.
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly but rarely admit the change it has gone through to achieve that beauty,” Maya Angelou