Change can be oh so scary
When you contemplate going for or achieving your dreams how does it make you feel? Does the thought of change even if it means you getting what you want make you feel a little bit nervous and insecure?
I just want to remind you here that dreams don’t have to be lofty or mega life changing, they can be subtle too.
Having the courage to make changes is relative to the individual and for some of us baby steps are enough. What one person easily takes in their stride may be a huge leap for another. We can never make comparisons for we can’t know what someone else is experiencing – you’ve heard the saying about never making judgement of another until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes, right?
We can however make conscious inquiries and set intentions to pave the way for a smoother journey.
“The two most important things I have learned are that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision.” Robyn Davidson
Here are a some thoughts you might like to reflect on as you contemplate changes in your life:
- What makes your heart sing?
- Lights you up? Makes you jump for joy?
- What motivates you to get moving every morning?
- If you feel you don’t have a purpose yet what would you like it to be?
- What is most important to you in life?
- What do you value the most? What do you believe in?
- How committed are you to being the best you can?
- Do you have a plan of action?
- Even a sketchy one is a good start
- Have you broken your plan into steps you can follow?
- Honestly it’ll make it so much more achievable
- How daring are you? What risks are you willing to take?
- Be just a little brave and see how that feels for you
- How willing are you to make the most of every day of your life?
- What are your Top 3 Priorities for this week?
- Contact me HERE to receive your copy of ‘My Big To Do List’
- What are you going to make happen in the next month?
- How will you being happy and achieving your dream make the world a better place?
- Make a list of all the ways
Notice the difference when you move from “I can’t” to “I can.”
The extent of I can’t is the measure of how successful/unsuccessful you are.
Move into the realm of “I can”
When you think “I can”, you can
When you think “I can’t”, you can’t
We all stand here looking outwards
When we look inside ourselves we find the answers are all there for the taking!
Take your time.
How you answer these questions can go a long way to defining where you’re going and who you become.