Your dreams are your compass
Last weekend I was privileged to facilitate and witness five amazing women owning their inner brilliance as they stepped into their light to SHINE.
There were so many ah ha moments and awakenings as these fabulous women explored what keeps/KEPT their radiance hidden from the world and it was epitomized by a gorgeous bronze pebble, cast by Dawn, and inspired by ‘Jonathan Livingston Seagull.’ Although it’s a personal favourite it took this workshop to really bring the significance of this story to my full attention.
“SHINE helped me to remember great things about myself that I had forgotten.” Margot
In his introduction Richard Bach dedicates the book to “the real Jonathan Seagull who lives within us all”
On the surface is the story of a seagull who knew there was more to living that fighting for scraps from fishing boats and following the flock. He was a bird who made his own rules and found freedom through the power and perfection of flight. At a deeper level he teaches how to follow your dreams, no matter what anyone else may think. Through the metaphor of flight the story conveys the importance of seeking a higher purpose in life, even if your crowd, tribe or peers feel threatened by your ambition. He demonstrates:
– to live the way you want and not to be so influenced by others that you fail to follow your natural inclination or your dream. Jonathan was made an outcast from the flock but he was not sorry for he proves you can lift yourself out of the energy of ignorance,
[bctt tweet=”become your own version of excellence and skill. It is possible to experience freedom and it is possible to spread your wings and fly.” username=”SallyCanning”]
– Jonathan was given the choice to continue living an existence that sucked the life out of him or soar to new heights. It is important to recognize that whatever your circumstances, you always have choices.
“In order to become empowered, to become the co-creator in our lives, and to stop giving power to the belief that we are the victim, it is absolutely necessary to own that we have choices” Robert Burney
– the Writings on your Walls – going with the crowd, listening to everyone else, listening to the messages you’ve been carrying around since you were little. We come into this world open, unique, authentic beings. However we quickly learn how to belong, how to fit in.
Where do you feel victimized in your life?
Can you see places where you choose to keep yourself small and avoid taking the next step in your life by hanging onto your feelings of victimization?
What would your life look like if you didn’t feel that way?
John Hagelin said: “If history is any guide, much of what we take for granted simply isn’t true”.
[bctt tweet=”becoming aware of your thoughts helps you to recognize what is empowering or limiting you. ” username=”SallyCanning”]
This is a process, not an event. It takes time to build this particular muscle – the more you practice the more efficient you become.
Never Stop Learning
– knowledge is power – an open mind opens you up to the world, and beyond! It is refreshing and insightful to learn more, grow more, and open to unknown truths. Jonathan teaches the importance of having a Mentor in your life to guide, inspire and empower you to reach new heights.
Keep Working On Love
– Jonathan is told by his teacher that the most powerful, most difficult and most fun of all is to know the meaning of kindness and love. Jonathan’s “way of demonstrating love was to give something of the truth that he had seen to a gull who asked only a chance to see the truth for himself”
When was the last time you worked on love?
Why not share your comments in the space below and spread the love …
When you are ready to make real transformational changes in your life contact me HERE for your Complimentary 30 minute ‘Dare to be You’ Call and go HERE for more Inspiration and Information. I look forward to hearing from you.
Jonathan Livingston Seagull teaches that you only need to see the potential in the ordinary and act upon it.
“Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation.
Look with your understanding.
Find out what you already know and you will see the way to fly.”